The Chamber staff continually strive to assist you in making your business or organization more successful. Staff are very knowledgeable on many topics concerning business and would be pleased to speak to your group or organization.
The following staff and topics are being offered. If you are interested in securing one of these speakers for your event or meeting, please contact Marcia Bostick at email@example.com or 937-226-8225.
Phillip L. Parker - CAE, CCE, President and CEO
- Chamber History and Overview - The Chamber's beginnings(formed by John Patterson in 1907) and what are our current core competencies and how we offer them to our members.
- Transportation - A general overview of the Chamber's role in the advancement of our transportation infrastructure.
- Workforce Development - An overview of the Chamber's role in assisting our business members in this important initiative.
- Regulatory and Legislative Issues - A broad overview of how the Chamber is involved in the public policy arena.
- Regionalism - A discussion of the opportunities for intergovernmental shared services, collaboration, cooperation and marketing.
Linda S. Ashworth - Vice President, Operations
- Workforce Development Issues - A business prospective on the needs and opportunities for finding qualified workers.
- Providing a Positive Return on Investment for Members - The why and how to quantify value in a service or non-profit organization.
- Leveraging Collaborations and Partnerships to Meet your Goals - How to use existing resources to create better services without duplication and extra cost.
- Zero-Based Budgeting for Non-Profit Organizations - Understanding how to maximize services with limited resources and select the most cost-effective options for the organization.
- Analyzing Financial Statements - A general business look at the underlying meaning of financial statement presentations.
Chris Kershner - Vice President, Public Policy & Economic Development
- Transportation - Its Critical Role in the Dayton Region - From minimal investment in the 1990's, the region has seen a significant increase in transportation dollars and its ability to leverage and compliment economic development in the Dayton region. This presentation will outline the current strategy behind the region's 10-year, $1.2 billion plan on improving the region's transportation infrastructure and how it will enhance the economic vitality in the Miami Valley.
- Be Part of the Solution - Why Public Policy is Important to your Business - Every year, hundreds of laws and regulations are passed in Ohio and Washington D.C. that impact your business and the overall business environment of the region by local, state and federal elected officials. This presentation will not only help you in identifying ways to keep you and your organization informed on these specific issues, but more importantly, we will provide strategies on how to proactively deal with these laws and regulations before they become law.
- Economic Development - State of the Dayton Economy - The Dayton region is experiencing an economic transition. The region continues to have roots in manufacturing; however, there has been significant growth in the areas of information technology, aerospace medicine and advanced materials manufacturing. This presentation will give an overview of the past, current and future economic status of the Dayton region.
- Social Media and social networking. - How your business can benefit from these emerging digital technologies.
Stephanie Precht - Director, Public Policy & Economic Development
- Going Green - The Business Case for your company to Go Green.
- International Travel Presentations - Cuba, Brazil, India and China.
Holly Allen - Director, Marketing and Communications
- Marketing Strategies: I provide an overview of the outlets available for reaching your customer base and how best to use them. This includes media buying, social media, networking and using the news media for coverage.
- Media Relations: I use my background in broadcast news to provide insight on how to handle media requests and how newsrooms function so you can better your relationship with the media.